5.04.2012

So Be It - Free 4X6 Quote

I was looking through an old talk by Sheri L. Dew (one of my favorites called "Are We Not All Mothers?", Ensign, Nov 2001, 96) and one particular line really popped out to me. She said "We just can't let the Lord down. And if the day comes when we are the only women on earth who find nobility and divinity in motherhood, so be it."  It's crazy how that day seems to be quickly approaching. The role of "Mother" is being downplayed by society more and more - almost to the status of being "degrading". How sad! Where would society be without good mothers? I find great joy and nobility in being a mother - even on those really hard days.

Later in her talk, Sis. Dew said ""As mothers in Israel, we are the Lord's secret weapon. Our influence comes from a divine endowment that has been in place from the beginning. In the premortal world, when our Father described our role, I wonder if we didn't stand in wide-eyed wonder that He would bless us with a sacred trust so central to His plan and that He would endow us with gifts so vital to the loving and leading of His children. I wonder if we shouted for joy at least in part because of the ennobling stature He gave us in His kingdom. The world won't tell you that, but the Spirit will." YES!! Motherhood really is a sacred trust and one that I take seriously.  I sometimes still find myself sitting and contemplating with wide eyes, in wonder that the Lord trusts ME with the rearing of His children, in a role that is so vital to His plan of happiness. I LOVE BEING A MOTHER!

So, I created a simple printable to remind me each day of my sacred role and to take courage in a world that sees motherhood as less than "divine". I hope you will also take courage and find joy in motherhood - we just can't let the Lord down!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

You are SO TALENTED and I look forward to your posts every Friday b/c I know it will be something wonderful. THANK YOU for sharing your printables and talents w/ the world! :)

Sherri B. said...

How beautifully put...I feel honored that I was lucky enough to be a stay-at-home Mom for my daughter. It's the most important job in the world! Your image and quote is wonderful.

Amy said...

LOOOOOVE it!