10.18.2010

Pillow Happy!

Look-see what I made at our ward's Super Saturday! Makes me smile a lot :)

It was so simple to make, and BEST PART? NO SEW! Yep, just some fabric glue (or hot glue would work, too - in fact, I might go with that for the next one - yes there will be another one!)

Our teacher was the fabulous Nicole from A Dash of Sass. She had everything for us that we needed (i.e. a pillow, and about a yard of felt, glue, and pins). I just loved the many color combos we could chose from. I went with a rather mellow choice that matches my living room, but hw fun to do a pink, turquoise, or fushia for a little girl's room? You can read a how-to on this amazing blog called"H is for Handmade". TONNES of inspiration to be had there.
I added a cute wooden button to the center to finish it off, and I just love it!!

For a pattern for this pillow, check out this post from "H is For Hamdmade":  



If you want to check out another twist on a felt flower pillow, check out this post on HowDoesShe! You'll be drowning in felt pillows before you know it!



Photobucket

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome! How fun...my little pup would chew that too pieces though!!!

Amy said...

Wow! How great did that turn out!!!?? It is a funny thing - as I was making my pillow and writing the tutorial, I thought to myself "This would make a great super Saturday craft!" Thank you so much for the great mention, and for your support! I am thrilled that you liked the idea and were able to teach it to others!
-Amy
H is for Handmade

Amy said...

Those are awesome! I'm going to have to keep them in mind for next year.

Joanne said...

that is beautiful and I know it looks fabulous in your house. I'm thinking i want to move to your town- they really know how to do crafts!!!

jbr said...

This is stunning. I love the color and the thickness of the felt. What a fun idea for a super saturday too.

Anonymous said...

Bobbi! Love it, love it, love it! o.k. Is there a pattern? I would love to make this for my next Super Saturday. Please let me know. tessamei@cox.net

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

What a fun workshop!! Love the pillow, thanks for the idea!

Kiley Hilyer said...

I had so much fun doing this project! I used hot glue instead of fabric glue and it worked like a charm! It looks so great on my new chair!

Anonymous said...

I'd also love a pattern! :)
carltonmelanie@yahoo.com

Itworksforbobbi said...

For a pattern and how-to instructions, feel free to visit here:
http://hisforhandmade.blogspot.ca/2009/11/felt-chrysanthemum-pillow.html

Never Nola said...

Thanks for the inspiration! We featured you on our blog today at www.nevernola.com for a DIY project!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Perfect. Would be so cute done in red for Christmas... it would look just like a pointsettia.

Unknown said...

So cute(: great idea for a young womens personal progress night too.!!

Viviana said...

Turned out awesome! Been looking for easy crafts to do since I have a 5 month old and not much time. Need to try this very soon. Thanks! Btw, loved the colors you chose.

Unknown said...

Very cool!