5.26.2011

Baby Announcement and PINTEREST

I saw a baby announcement like this on Pinterest and I just LOVED it! I knew that I already took photos that had a lot of "white space" on top, so all I had to do was create a new 4X6 document, drag my photo onto it, and add the lettering, just like I did in my word art tutorial. Voila! Easy peasy announcement! If you haven't tried making your own printables in Photoshop or Elements, take a peek at my tutorial on Creating Your Own Word Art and try your hand at making your own! You can use a solid color for your background, or use a photo, like I did here. Have fun playing!
While you are browsing, check out a few of my other tutorials under "Tutorials" on the top of the page. You might find a new Photoshop Skill you'd like to learn!

Now, speaking of "Pinterest" - have you been checking it out? It's like "Twitter" but with pictures! When you sign up, you can "pin" images from your web browsing to digital "boards" to share with others! Best part is, the image will include the link to the page you were on, so you can easily find it again, later. You can also follow other people's 'pins' and find a tonne of new ideas that you love! I have become addicted, I admit.  Here is a little peek at one of my "boards": 


Now, here is the catch.. you need to be INVITED to join. I know. MUCHO exclusive...ha ha. So, here is the deal. I have a limited number of people I can invite, so I'm offering to invite YOU! Leave a comment here if you want to join Pinterest (free) and need an invite. Leave your name and email address and I'll get an invite sent to the first SIX people who request one. 

And, I'd love for you to follow my boards, too! Let's get sharing! If you want to learn a little more about how Pinterest works, check out this fabulous post on HowDoesShe to answer even more questions. Happy Pinning!

8 comments:

amiecoco said...

Thanks for the invite! Love your printables and great info here and on HDS! Amie, amiecoco@gmail.com

Angela said...

Oh my goodness. I have been trying to figure out how to get an invite. Please add me to your list. I would be eternally grateful.

Angela
aorgill@cox.net

Alayna said...

I so NEED this! I have so many folders of things I want to make or that I like. I hate having to go to each site to see what exactly it was that I bookmarked.
alayna_adams5@yahoo.com

Shelly said...

I'd love to have an invitation. Shellyvits@hotmail.com

laurie said...

I have heard about this and would love an invite. laurieraiche@shaw.ca

Melanie said...

I have been reading about Pintrest everywhere! I'd love to try it out!

Mary said...

I would also love an invitation to Pintrest.

I absolutely love the way that you added the word art to your photo and will be playing along. Your tutorial is awsome. I was able to start making my own word art because of your tutorial. Thank you for that. :)

mary

Becky H said...

Ah shucks! #8. Have fallen in love with Pinterest already and I'm not even a member!

Love your ideas. Thanks so much for sharing.