2.02.2011

Blueberry-Strawberry Spinach Smoothie

I have had a lot of people asking me for the recipe of the smoothie I make every morning, and since I've figured it out down the exact number of strawberries, I can share it with you! First, an admission: I love slurpees. Love them. I love the cold, the cruch, the sweetness. I hate the calories. So, my solution for this was NOT to give up my indulgence, just to change it up. That is why I have these every day - I still feel like I"m getting a treat, but it is much healthier. Much.

Okay, so here is what I put in for ONE large smoothie:

1/4 cup frozen blueberries
3 frozen strawberries
1 small banana (or half a large)
1/3-1/2 cup milk (I use 1% - but you could use skim or even soy milk, which is very creamy!)
1/2 cup jammed full of baby spinach
1 tsp splenda if you really like the sweet, though it is very sweet on it's own!

Calories: 150

That's it! Blend it up and drink it down. Love it! Let me know what YOUR favorite smoothie recipe is!

P.S.
My button wasn't working before, but NOW you can grab the HTML code and slap my button on your blog to stay up to date on what's going on with me!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Mandy said...

That sounds and looks so yummy! I love the picture you took! Very professional looking : )

Stephanie said...

yum!!

Mary said...

I love that you put the straberries and blueberries on top of he blender. What a gorgeous photo!

Thank you for this recipe. I love smoothies and I love that the calories are cut in this recipe. I will be buying what I need as soon as I go shopping. Thanks so much for sharing.

Mary

nativetexangirl said...

Thanks for sharing. It sounds wonderful. I would change the Splenda to Stevia though. Read up on the two and you might want to change to something from a sweet leaf plant rather than chemicals. Just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't heard about it.

Domestic C.O.O. said...

Thanks for sharing this. I tried it and loved it. Now I have it almost every day for breakfast.