4.22.2010

Scrapbook Inspired and Fabric Necklaces!

I'm still in the scrapbook groove and have been TOTALLY inspired by the silhouette  blog. I made this girly version of a page they posted a few days ago. I created my own print and cut phrase that went along with the photos, and used a slightly more feminine color palette. What do you think?

Mine:
Theirs:

I finally finished off my Summer Vacation album, as well! Almost in time for THIS summer to begin. LOL! For these two pages I went with a simple, striped pattern that held room for lots of photos, and some journaling. Took me maybe 10 minutes to put together. Nothing earth shattering here, but at least it's DONE!


Poor JJ. I had to do a page documenting her scary experience, being bitten by a large dog on our summer vacation last year. It was terrifying for her, and she still doesn't like dogs, though she will let them approach her, she won't touch them.


AND I've made something I've been wanting to make for a long, long time. It's one of those fabric flower bib necklaces! No sewing required, which is right up my alley!

So easy to make, and cheap considering I got the fabric from Value Village, and I used beads and gems I had lying around. Even the vintage looking lace for the necklace strap was from the dollar store. Problem is, I'm not sure I'm sassy enough to actually WEAR it! It's a rather bold fashion statement for me.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Love your version! I need to make a fun spring colored necklace.

Kristi said...

I was just watching the tutorial for those flowers this morning! funny.
I don't think I could pull it off- but I am thinking a hair clip, or headband for my girls! so cute!

Michelle said...

Uber talented chick!

Love it ALL, the necklace is great! but, I know what you mean!

You should try it on & take a picture & than post it on your blog & ask readers if they would wear it - their opinion!!!!!

Lynn said...

I LOVE those necklaces. I too have been wanting to make them, but wondered if I could pull it off. I think if you wore it with a plain T and some jeans, it would look FABULOUS on you Bobbi! Nice job! I love the one you did.

Nancy Wyatt said...

I forgot to mention that I love your layout way more! Adorable!! hugs from conroe, tx!