11.24.2008

D family and tie breaker

one half hour

over 400 photos

I hope they like these :)








It was such a pleasure working with your adorable family. Usually I'm fighting to get the kids to smile (it's such a short time to build a rapport with children, but I do my best!) and these kiddos were such sweethearts! I mean - can you say GORGEOUS? I really like the hands idea - I think I'll store that one away for the future! So cute. But, I must say - I'm tired now. 400 photos and I had to narrow it down to 25. Wow. Like I said before - I certainly hope I chose the right ones! Photography can be so subjective, you know?

Now, I need your help! I need to choose between two photos of myself to put on the "about" section of my website. My hunkster hubby took these two shots - and I need your help to decide between them. I love one of them, and hunkster loves the OTHER one. So, I need your help to break the tie! PLEASE let me know which one YOU like - leave a comment, puhlease!! Oh pretty pretty please. I know you'll be honest and help me make the choice. I HATE photos of me, so it's been a challenge (oh I'm so ashamed). I just know I can count on you! Just say whether you like photo 1 or photo 2 - and the one that gets the most votes will go up on the site. Thanks in advance, you sweet, sweet blog buddies!

1.
2.

Now, I'm off to have a good sleep. I'm wiped! Have a good one, and I'll be back later with a fun tutorial for you!

36 comments:

Erin said...

#2 is my favourite :O)

Frolicking Night Owl said...

i like #1 much better.

Deb said...

#1 - you look sweet and innocent
#2 - you look sassy and spunky

I like them both. A lot. But my vote is #2. To me that looks more like a person that would be witty enough and silly enough to get some great photos.

Lynn said...

Oh SO hard to choose. I am SO curious as to which one Lyndon likes and which one YOU like.

I like them both a lot, but like Deb commented, I thought these both gave a COMPLETELY different side of you.

For a photography site, I think I would choose, #2.
: D

Sarah said...

I love the picture of the family's hands! Please come to Edmonton to photograph our family! ;)

I like the second one... I hope that's the right answer! hehe

Andrea said...

I'd rather have photographer #2 take my photos :)

redstampinsam said...

I like the second one in glases. I love the richness of the colors and feel it gives you a fun sophisticated look.

Michelle said...

#2

Kendra said...

#2!

Anonymous said...

#2

Clair said...

you look very pretty in #1, but having seen #2 on the site already I think it looked perfect- the pose and the text- it just all read really well as a whole. When I first saw your site, the "about you" page made a great impression.

AND I do love the hands shot- how sweet to see the little hands with mom and dad's hands.

Speaking of selecting photos-- I'm going to send you an email on the topic. :)

Rebecca said...

I think I like #1 better but they are both great pictures. It's just that you seem more approachable (does that make sense) in the top photo?

Kelley said...

Althouhg #1 is very, very cute I'd say #2 is very professional looking!! Just my 2 cents!

Anonymous said...

HI, I like #2 better. I had to really think about it b/c I like #1 also but #2 it is!

B said...

#2

Debbi said...

I'm voting #2. It makes you look thinner. And I'm all about looking thinner! lol

Theresa said...

I vote #2. Not knowing you very well I would hire #2 over number 1..you look way more confident. I also agree with Debbi!

~Diana~ said...

#2

Talia said...

Honestly, I like them both, but #2 is how I picture you. For some reason you just look like a photographer in that picture!

M said...

I like Number 2. Its kinda Sassy!

Laura said...

#1

Anonymous said...

#1 for sure!!!!

Great photoshoot too! I have the ability to take that many pics in a short amount of time as well...lol..killer!! Wish my kids and hubster would co-operate for a photoshoot!
Great job hun!

Penny
www.newfieink.com

juliette pouwer said...

I like #2, just a more professional look to it. And plus I love the color scheme :D And besides which ever one Lyndon loves you can frame it and give it to him for Christmas so he can brag about it hot wife at the office :D

amy w. said...

LOVE #1. Your smile looks more natural. Although they are both great! :D

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I like #1! :)

Rachel Berry said...

I think #2, but then again 1 is nice too... Noooo I'm sticking with 2!

CASSIE said...

Jon AND I vote #2!!!
More professional and it has a bit of your personal "flare!" HOTTIE

Jenn said...

Two votes on number TWO... Both are very cute.

Christal said...

love number two!! Love your photography too you are awesome and so so talented!!!

Anonymous said...

#2

Barb Stanford said...

They are both great pics of you...but both so very different from each other...does that make sense? LOL

I like #1 the best! Good luck with picking which one to use =)

Anonymous said...

I found this site through your photography web site and I have to say, although you look nice in both of them, I saw #2 already on the site. My first thought was that the smile looked really fake but like I said, both good pictures.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever travel to take pictures? Umm like Chicago LOL. I like photo #1. For some reason you can see your facial features better. Who knows LOL! Either would be AWESOME!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kristi said...

I vote for #2

Anonymous said...

#2 gives space for the next thought and camera click, shutterbug, need a hug from the light and feathery wistful look you gave the family photo shoot. Background gives a whole new eye to mind message also.
Big Sky Hi

SCC said...

You look way thin in #2....so that makes it a winner hands down!! = )