I just have to share the recipe. They taste just like the dad's cookies you buy at the store. Oh - one little trick you might like, I used both milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I mixed about 1 1/2 cups of chips all together into the batter, then I poured about 1/2 cup of the choc. chips into a bowl where I dipped the dough balls before putting them on to the cookie sheet. If you do that it makes for a really nice looking cookie, and who doesn't love more chocolate chips?
ANyhoo - here's the recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter or margarine (I LOVE real butter in these)
- 1 cup each sugar and brown sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup fine coconut (I run mine through the food processor)
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups rolled oats (I also run these through the food processor until a coarse powder)
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and baking soda
- 1 tsp. each baking powder and vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips (opt.)
- Cream butter, sugars, and eggs.
- In separate bowl combine flour, coconut, soda, rolled oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips (opt.)
- Make into small balls, then dip into bowl of choc. chips (opt.)
- Place balls onto cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a fork
- Bake @ 350F for 10-12 minutes or until golden.