10.16.2012

Boot Camp - Day 1 "Find Your Muse"

Day 1 of Big Picture's BOOT CAMP and my creative muscles are feeling stronger already!

Our challenge today was to find our muse and get creative photographing it. Well, my real "muses" are my gorgeous children, but I decided to photograph an instrument that I have always thought was beautiful and interesting...the guitar! I loved the video class and the inspiration I received from watching it. I went to work on my "drill" and photographed my daughter's guitar from several different angles. Here are a few that I captured:
There is something enchanting about the soft curves against the taut strings and the beautiful grain of the wood. I just love it! It really got my creative juices flowing to take some time to look at the object from many different angles and in different light. No right or wrong, just observe and play! I think this is one of my favorite shots from my 5 minute "play" session":

I can not WAIT for tomorrow's "drill"! Registration is still open, so it's not too late to join in the fun. You will have instant access to the daily drills and downloads. Hope to see you there!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! I was looking to take the bootcamp, but with everything on my plate, had to step back. Can't wait to see everything you create!

~ RED