6.28.2011

Cute Reversible Bag Pattern!

I can't WAIT to share this with you! My newest (and fave) creation. Now, remember - I don't consider myself a sew-er, but maybe...just maybe...I've graduated to a "novice" seamstress :) A little background on me: I love bags... I love purses, I love totes, I love backpacks..whatever. I also have very little funds for such things. Solution? CREATE! Sew, I found an adorable pattern (free - YES!) on a cute site called "Very Purple Person" for a reversible tote and I knew I had to make it. Here is her adorable creation that caught my eye:

And here is my version:
Be kind - like I said... I'm new at this whole "sewing" thing. But, I love it. It looks a bit wonky in the photo because I had a bunch of stuff in it. I should have photographed it empty. Oops. 

I used several scraps of fabric that I had around, sewed them into one large piece of fabric, then cut the pattern from that. Before sewing the two sides together, I took a long strip of white, finished the edges and gathered it into a fun ruffle that I stitched on. I also added some simple fabric rosettes to add a little "Pizzaz". Now, I've got a fun beach bag for my summer trip that I leave for in TWO MORE SLEEPS! I'm so excited!! 

I'd love to hear what you think of my bag! And if you make one, share it with me. I want to see!
Happy sewing!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Pam said...

Hey Bobbi-Jo
I stumbled upon your blog when some women off Regina moms shared links to their photos. Here is a bag I recently made it is the made by rae buttercup bag (free pattern)http://simplelivingforme.blogspot.com/2011/05/more-gifts-for-mother.html

Mandy said...

you really under-estimate yourself...you did a FANTASTIC job! it's super cute. the ruffles are darling and i think the colors are very universal...you could use this bag all year round. great job!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

That bag is so adorable. Love it! Great job. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Sarah said...

I think it's looks great! I will have to check out that pattern- extra bonus that it's free! :)

Sarah

http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

Be kind? Oh wow!!! Your bag is beautiful. I love the combination of colors and the different printed fabrics. You will be having an ETSY store when? :) Like you I am a purse, hand bag person but your right they are so expensive. I wish I could sew but to be honest I cannot sew to save my life. I *love your bag Bobbi-Jo. It is gorgeous.

Mary