I also just HAD To try making this easy (truly easy) apron from Skip To My Lou for TJ for Christmas - we're planning to get her some baking supplies etc. and this will go with it. It's a kids half-apron with a velcro waistband that's adjustable. I hope she loves it. I think I'll have to figure out a pattern for a larger one for me! LOL! I have to admit, I'm kinda proud of myself for being able to sew this. It is finished on both sides - looks really good. Love it.
Caramel Apple Sundae Tart
1. First, make a graham cracker crust (or buy one from the store premade, if you're all about convenience, like me -ha!) If you don't know how to make said crust - take some graham crumbs, some butter, mix and press into a pie tin.
2. Take 25 delicious caramels. Oh, yum, yum, yummers. I love these things. I was lucky 25 ended up in the microwave safe bowl! Add about 3 Tbsp milk and place in microwave for about 3 minutes or until the caramel has melted. You might need to mix it a few times.
3. Reserve 1/3 cup of this caramel mixture and set aside for later. Try not to eat too much before you pour the rest into the pie crust. Then chop up some pecans (opt.) and sprinkle over the caramel layer. I didn't do this. I know my husband and children - pecans? No.
4. Mix one box of vanilla instant pudding powder with 1 cup of milk until smooth. Fold in about 1.5 cups of whipped topping. Helps if you thaw the whipped topping before folding in - just sayin'. Spread that over the caramel and pecans in the pie crust. Throw it in the freezer for 4 hours or over night.
5. Throw on a can of apple pie filling, or make your own (though, remember what I said about conveniece?). Then, drizzle the remaining 1/3 cup of caramel over the top. Serve immediately! YUM!
Still busy around here with photoshoots - 5 booked in the next 8 days (Phew!). The weather turned on us this week, so we had to bump a couple up to next week. I hope the weather cooperates NEXT week or we're in trouble!
I'll tell ya - one thing I love about Photography is getting repeat customers. Especially when they grow so fast! This sweet family I photographed a while ago, and when I showed up to the photoshoot, I barely recognized the kids. They grew a LOT! Love that. I had such a blast with this fun and easy going family. Such a pleasure to work with, and I can't express how cooperative the kids were the entire time. I loved it.