3.02.2009

Oooh la la!

We finally had a scrapbooking night with our ward Relief Society and I had a great time! There were eight of us this time - and we had a fun night of great food, good laughs, and lots of scrapping! Since I'm so fabulous (ha!) and am caught up with my own pictures, I HAD to scrapbook some pics from my niece's wedding. I just couldn't resist!

I wanted to keep the pages fairly clean and simple so as not to take away from the photos, which I wanted to be the focus. Besides that, I found it hard, after a while, to figure out what to WRITE on each page - I'm not the best journaler on the best of days, nevermind when trying to do page after page of the same event. Any journaling tips??

This page came together super duper fast. I used one 5X7 photo, four 4.5" squares cut from some Martha Stewart papers (her Classic Botanical set) and some simple brads. It still needed something, so I used two Heidi Swapp stamps and little paper flower to create a cute title.

I love the color blocking idea, so I stuck with it for this layout - I used a printed frame on a transparenciy from House of 3, which I also used on another layout farther down the post.
This page took me forever - I just couldn't figure out how to put it all together. In the end, I like how it turned out :)
I used another frame here.
Another simple page.

This page came together SO fast - I mean, seriously fast. A matter of minutes. I love the beautiful die cut patterned papers that add SO much to a simple layout.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry Bobbi but, it is absolutely disgusting that you are all caught up with your own scrapbooking & than you have to rub it in our faces & do some scrapbooking for someone else!!! LOL - must be nice!!

Great, super, beautiful layouts! Superwoman!!!

Ifat Art said...

Wow! Those are great layouts!
And the pictures are just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing,
IfatArt

Shell said...

I love your style! So clean and uncluttered and some of your colour combos have left my mouth agape. I am terrible with colour!!