I was tagged by Bonnie with a fun game of Tunes Tag! I get to share 5 examples of music from my iTunes collection (or CD collection or whatever) and explain WHY I like the song/artist. Now here is a disclaimer: EVERYONE who knows me knows I love Harry Connick Jr. Have since I was about 12. So no need to get into that one. That would take an entire post to cover my love of Harry. LOL! I thought I'd include some less known favorites here:
1. I'll start my list with my nostalgic favorites.I grew up listening to my parent's records and tapes from the 50s and sixties and I couldn't love this music more. My dad taught me how to jive to this music, and my siblings and I would dress up in our dresses (even my brother - LOL) and perform for our parents. For a specific and especially nostalgic example, I'll share one of the fun songs we used to dance around the family room to. "Seven Little Girls Sitting in the Back Seat" by Paul Evans and the Curls. If you've never had the pleasure of hearing the words, here is a sampling from the Chorus:
Keep your mind on your driving,
Keep your hands on the wheel
Keep your snoopy eyes on the road ahead.
We’re having fun, sitting in the backseat,
Huggin and a kissin with Fred.
I guess this lonely driver was really ticked off that fred was getting all the action. I love this song because we are almost on our way to that number! LOL! It's just a bouncy song and I've had so much fun watching my girls starting to love the oldies, too.
2. Air Supply Okay, now it's my Nerdy Favorite. I guess you can blame my parents for this one too. It was all those hours of driving to Penticton, BC every year in our Chrysler listening to Air Supply and Ronni Milsap on the 8-track. AWESOME! I have to tell you that their music is soothing to me. I even listened to it while in labor with my last baby. Yes, I've got it on my mp3 player. LOL! I'm sure many of you will NEVER admit that you know me after this, but it's a not-so-guilty pleasure.
3. Josh Groban This would be my DUH! favorite. I haven't met many people who don't love Josh Groban's music. My current favorite (besides his Christmas NOEL CD) is the song "So She Dances". I could almost choreograph a dance to this song! I have NO idea why, but it takes me back to my dancing days - grade 9 specifically. His voice is like buttah dahlinng! I LOVE it! I have to add to this category - Il Divo and Celine Dion, though I won't go into it more than that. These are favorites and no need to explain why!
4. My "jump-on-the-band-wagon" favorite is definitely "Apologize" by One Republic and Timbaland. I don't know what it is about this song that makes me LOVE it so much, but it's a song that my husband has had to ASK me to stop singing. LOL! I really love it. I'm sure I'll have a new "jump-on-the-band-wagon" favorite soon, but for now - this is it baby!
5. My workout favorite (which is hard to narrow down) is "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Prestley. This song just gets me so excited to move! I really strut my stuff on that treadmill, and I look pretty sexy, too, I might add. :P It's a great song - a classic - and it makes me feel fantastic when I'm working out to it. Rock on!
So, that's it! I hope you are still my friend (especially after the whole "Air Supply" admission). I would love to know which is your most embarassing song/group you love. PLEASE tell me. Oh, and since this IS a game of tag - I am so curious to know the fav songs of these fabulous people:
So, TAG you're it!