10.25.2007

Martian Child

I had such a fun evening yesterday! My brother gave me two tickets to see a sneak peek of the film "Martian Child" which hits theatres on Nov. 1. I took my friend, Michelle and had a great time. Hey, who wouldn't want a virtually FREE night out? I did especially, since JJ decided it would be fun to scream and cry all morning! Ugh! Nevermind that I had to get the house ready for another showing, the dog was vomitting all over the carpet, and Baylie was throwing tantrums to get my attention. Yes, I definitely needed a night out!



Here's the run down: Martian Child is the story of a recently widowed science fiction writer who forms an unlikely family with a close friend and a young boy he adopts that claims to be from Mars. The new couple ignores some sage parenting advice from the widower's sister and gets more than they bargained for when a series of strange occurrences lead them to believe that the child's claim may be true.

I loved the movie - it was heartwarming, funny, and touched on feelings that most parents can relate to. I felt for John Cusack's character - in the role of parent who feels like he is "the blind leading the blind". I felt like the movie helped me to look at my own kids through new eyes. What was so nice was that there wasn't anything offensive in it, EXCEPT for the Lord's name being used in vain a couple of times. WHY they do that is beyond me. It's like that isn's considered profanity. It bothers me a lot. Anyway beyond that being said, twice I think, there was nothing I was offended by in the film at all. I think it's rated PG - and I'd reccomend any and all to see it. I don't think kids under 10 would really appreciate it, though. It may not keep their interest, though I have to say I was very entertained.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, great night out, had fun. Thanks!

I too was entertained, I liked the movie.